Thursday, May 26, 2011

ladies in waiting

it feels like it's been forever, but i guess it really hasn't. haven't felt like reading or writing, i guess.

but just because you haven't heard from me doesn't mean i've been slipping. :) in fact, this morning the scale made me downright giddy. i've lost another 1.4 pounds, bringing me to 154.4. i have been doing well at restricting and continuing to walk at least a couple of miles a day.

but on sunday i'm going home (three hours from where i live now), and while my parents know i've been trying to eat healthy and whatnot, they will likely take me out to dinner. (i'm both secretly hoping they take me to red lobster and praying they don't.) and then on monday my girlfriends from high school and i are all getting together for a day/night in san francisco. i'm driving home, where two of them still live, and the three of us will drive to s.f. to meet up with our other friend, who is visiting from new york. it was all her idea to get the four of us together for the first time in ... shit, it's possible that it's the first time we've ALL been together since high school. that's ... a loooong time! i'm completely broke, but my dearest friend said the trip wouldn't be complete without me, so she's paying for my food, drinks, entertainment while we're there. :)

needless to say, i'm super excited about spending quality time with the old gals, but of course dreading the knowledge that i WILL overconsume (food and alcohol!) and will NOT be able to purge a bit of it. but you know what? i have been so so so good for almost four weeks now, without any calorie-heavy days to speak of. part of the reason i haven't given myself any free passes was because i knew this mini-vacation was coming. so, for those couple of days, i'm going to make smart(er) choices (than i would in the past) but i'm not going to be obsessive. i can't promise i won't feel guilty about it once i get home and back to my routine though ;p

aaaaaaaaaanyway, i was all paranoid about this potluck at work tomorrow but they've rescheduled it for next wednesday, one of my days off. so that's a plus, for sure. so i'll be good until sunday when i arrive at my parents' ... except tomorrow evening i will likely head to the bar for a drink or two and to watch part of the ballgame. who knows, it could turn out like the other night, in which i played more than two hours straight of ping-pong. hah. but i always factor the whiskey calories into my day anyway.

i feel like this is an ultra bore ramble session. anyway, the moral of the story is i'm gonna be fat this weekend. hah! ya'll be good to make up for my transgressions ok? :)

one more thing, because i didn't have anyone else with whom to share: today i wore this bright green polo shirt that has been my poochy belly's enemy for months now ... when i tried it on this morning, looked in the mirror and puffed my belly out as far as i could ... a liiiittle tiny tummy bump, barely visible. i cannot tell you how great i felt in my body today. i haven't felt that way in ages. and it's only going to get better :)




love love love

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the weight loss!! It's okay to give yourself a break every now and then. Enjoy your weekend :)

    ReplyDelete