Monday, May 23, 2011

mind over matter

so i figured i should write now, right after work ... rather than coming home, scarfing "dinner" and then staaaaring at the clock waiting for it to be 6 so i really know my eating time is up. instead, i had a little food when i got home (half a sandwich thin and like 1/3 of a piece of deli chicken, total 61cal) and will have my last meal of the day (probably a plain veggie burger, no bread, no nothing) in a little bit. doing the blog routine works wonders on moving time along :)

so far today ...

breakfast:
coffee w/creamer (30)
popcorn (100)

lunch:
yogurt (80)

snacks:
that "sandwich" i mentioned (61)

walked to work and home, which equals 26 minutes or 1.4 miles. 
walked 22 minutes during lunch break, probably another 1.2 miles.

i have been trying to find an estimate for how many calories these walks burn for me, but every site i read gives me different numbers. and i know it has a lot to do with speed as well. i am not sauntering on these walks. i am walking very briskly. so, based on what i've read, the walking i did today is anywhere from 150-325 calories ... ugh. a bit broad! anyway, i actually use the lower number because honestly, the more i believe i burn the more likely i am to use that as an excuse to have more calories. as we all know, this whole process is 99 percent mind over matter. so telling myself i haven't burned very many calories helps me restrict my intake.

so with the veggie burger for dinner (100), i will be at 371. nice! haven't had a day other than my fasting day below 400 in the past week, so i'm happy with that.

aaaaaaaaand i've made it to 4:30 without starting my burger yet. :)

2 comments:

  1. For everyone 1 mile a person walks/jogs/runs you burn 100 calories. Regardless of speed. This is based on the "average" size of 150 pounds. So if you weight a little more than 150 it will be a few more calories burned. If you weigh less than 150 it will be fewer calories burned.
    Great job on the intake today. I need your will power!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome, i will go with that about the walking; it's very encouraging!
    and thank you for saying "i need your willpower", it made me feel momentarily proud and it kept me from eating a rice cake after my burger. i stayed at the intake i had posted. :)

    ReplyDelete