Wednesday, January 30, 2013

movement

So, all told, it was 41 hours of fasting (unless you count the 5-calorie piece of gum and the 8 calories of candy). I immediately went to the store when I woke up and bought some more deli ham and some tortillas with which to wrap the meat. That's it for me today, except for the few calories I'll have from gum at work tonight.

It's amazing how, after fasting, 140 calories at once manages to "fill" me up. I feel more awake and energetic already. I dunno how I'll feel come dinnertime without anything to eat. But I needed a big lunch.

It's funny, because on Monday I realized that I hadn't had a bowel movement in probably a week or more. I couldn't even remember how long. But after I ate my frozen pizza, I had one. Then I had another the next morning and another when I woke up today (after the fast even!). Definitely a relief.

I'm nearing two weeks of ABC and feeling good, feeling proud. I really hope I can keep it up at least for another couple of weeks before I go home and family/friends will be seeing me eat. I switched a couple of days this week to give myself 400 on Super Bowl Sunday, which means 250 on Friday. I'm sure I will actually surpass 400 on Sunday, but I will be as good as possible considering all the whiskey-waters I'll be drinking and the endless amazing food temptations. It will be very difficult, to say the least. I hope that doesn't make all my progress for naught. I'll be good up till Sunday and I'll be good in the days after ... that has to count for something?

Today's my Friday and it's going to be a long, tough weekend. I'll need to drink a shit-ton of tea and try to sleep as much as possible to pass the time. Depending on the weather, maybe I'll take a nice drive to a beach out of town ... maybe one where I can hunt for agates.

Not sure if anybody reads this anymore (I doubt it), but best wishes to all! Stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment