Sunday, January 27, 2013

transgression

Well, I had to leave the party before things went any further downhill. I ate half a breadstick, a bacon-wrapped date, one slice of red bell pepper and ... a fucking cupcake. I could have at least cut that goddamn cupcake in half, but I lost control. I also had three cocktails.

Obviously I surpassed 300 today. I actually surpassed 500 by like 20-30 calories. It's hard to really get exact numbers on calorie counts when half of the stuff is homemade, but let's try (based on my calorie counter app and online resources).

Less than half bacon slice: 20 (ish, but that seems too low to me)
One small date: 23
Half breadstick: 35 (ish)
Slice of bell pepper: 1
Three whiskey shots: 166 (ish)
Yellow cupcake with white icing: 250 (ish)

Well, by those estimates, I came out at 495. My calorie counter app says like 524. It's hard for me to believe that half a slice of bacon is only 20 calories. That seems wayyyy too low.

So this means that tomorrow will have to be my 300 day and Monday will be my 400 before I fast on Tuesday. I feel slightly guilty ... mostly about that cupcake, but goddamn it was good. I haven't had a sweet treat like that in I don't know how long. And believe me, I wanted a second cupcake. I also stared at the last half-breadstick on the table and thought, that could be mine ... but I resisted. I left. I was probably the first to leave. I couldn't handle the temptation of more drinks (which would make me want more food). So I left when I thought I might spiral out of control.

I'm glad I took that walk today, to lessen the blow of all those evil foods. Hopefully that made up for at least a tiny fraction of my transgressions.

Tomorrow will be easy to stick to my number. Workdays are always easy to restrict. And like I said, I am super excited to check my weight tomorrow. I really hope I'm not disappointed because I expect greatness.

No comments:

Post a Comment