Friday, March 22, 2013

first notice

Walk in the door at my parents' house ... Mom says, "Hi! Have you lost weight?" Me: "I wish!" Dad walks up and says, "You do look skinny!" I keep saying that they ALWAYS say these things because I wear my comfortable baggy jeans on the drive. They were baggy even before I started losing weight. But my dad said, "No, it's not just that. Your face looks thinner." I shrug and say I have no idea what I weigh; I haven't checked.

We go to Red Robin, I have my grilled chicken salad with only one bite of the toast that came with it (675) and a diet soda (which totally weirded my dad out), and when we get home my dad says, "Go weigh yourself!"

I'm wearing my hoodie and jeans (and it's after I ate a meal) and their scale tells me 145.8. I'm like, "Oh, I guess I have lost some weight." I don't trust that scale, obviously, because it's not the one I've been using every day at work. But still, it was nice to see that number considering the last time I was home I weighed I think somewhere around 160. My parents kept talking about how thin I look.

Wow. I can't tell you how good that feels. Seriously. When you haven't seen someone for about five weeks and they're like DAMN! ... you know you're doing something right. I kept telling them it was only because I cut out sugary sodas and treats ... yeah, they don't need to know. They have no clue that the salad I ate for dinner (which I didn't even finish) was 650 calories. They have no clue that that's the only intake I've had all day except for the Red Bull I had for the drive down (10).

Fifteen seems like this really low number, but when it comes to weight ... that's a pretty big loss. That is definitely noticeable.

I feel fucking great right now. I'm so proud of myself. Here's to another strong day!

No comments:

Post a Comment